Saturday, June 17, 2017
Black Bean Burgers
Gabe has been craving pasta. I made Baked Ziti which is one of his favorites. While he enjoyed many nights of leftovers I made these.
1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. Mash black beans in a medium bowl with a fork until thick and pasty.
3. Finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans. In a small bowl that was set aside, stir egg,chili powder, cumin and chili sauce together.
4. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
5. Bake about 10 minutes on each side.
slightly adapted from Allrecipes