Saturday, July 8, 2017

SAN FRANCISCO CHICKEN



Recipe from the old TOH recipe board, which has been gone for about a year.

No fancy photo for this one. Gabe came home and was hungry. I was lucky to get a shot!

Easy and on my to make again list.


Ingredients:

4 boneless chicken breast halves ( used two)
3 cloves garlic, minced  
4 Tbsp. soy sauce (I used lite soy sauce)
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. chicken broth 
1 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch 

Sliced green onions, sprinkled on chicken for garnish ( didn't use)

Directions:

Lightly brown chicken breasts in a small amount of oil.

Remove the chicken from the pan; add garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 cup chicken broth.

Stir the mixture in the pan then return the chicken to the mixture . Cover and simmer until the chicken is done. Depending on size, they should be done in 15-20 minutes.

Remove the chicken from pan and place on a clean plate.

Combine 1/2 cup chicken broth and cornstarch- mix well.

Add the chicken broth mixture to the sauce in the skillet, stir well. Bring to a boil and allow to thicken.

Return the chicken to the pan, coating it well with the sauce.

Featured 7/16/17 on The Lazy Gastronome

Featured 7/17/17 on What'd You Do This Weekend







 






17 comments:

  1. Gosh I haven't made this in I don't know how long....that's where I got the recipe from too. I like to use the leftovers in the Asian Coleslaw-like your "Crack Coleslaw"...that's some good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I HAVE to make this again soon! You know how much I love that coleslaw.

      Do you remember the OP on TOH?

      Delete
    2. I know the recipe came from what used to be Recipezaar and is now Food.com...that's what I have for the original source on my copy of the recipe. I think a few different people posted it on the TOH board back in the day.

      Delete
  2. I loved the recipes from TOH. I used to get the magazine, and I would go through them time and time again. The combo of the ingredients in this recipe are a favorite. Going to have to buy some more chicken this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even get to plate this! Gabe said NO pictures- lets just eat! LOL I was able to get a quick shot in.

      I had a huge collection on TOH magazines- gave them all away.

      Delete
    2. I had to give up my TOH magazines too. They were so tattered from reading them so much.

      Delete
    3. mine were in good condition. If they kept them and someone bought all or a few many had my little comments next to the recipes I made.

      Delete
  3. This is something I will try. Cute that Gabe couldn't wait..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dottie

      Gabe was a man on a mission. He was hungry and did not want me to mess around with taking a photo LOL

      Delete
  4. This looks really succulent! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not a good photo but sure was good.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow...yummy!!! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No wonder you didn't get a chance to take a photo, Linda - the recipe must have smelled so lovely when it was cooking. Love the ingredients in this recipe - great flavours. I look forward to giving it a try. Thank you so much for sharing, and for being a part of Hearth and Soul. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is a keeper. Simple and delicious. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend. Have a great week.

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete