Sunday, February 4, 2018

Spicy " Cream" Greens- Gluten Free




I used collards in this recipe but you could use spinach.

The recipe does not contain flour and the cream cheese was low fat.   

Gabe left about 2 ounces of cream cheese in the fridge and I wanted to use it in something. I knew adding the Thai Garlic Chili sauce would jazz it up but I wanted some protein. Tahini  has 20% complete protein and high in B vitamins. 

It's not my grandma's creamed spinach but it's healthy and really good.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups cooked greens

2 ounces light cream cheese

1 tablespoon Tahini 

1 teaspoon Thai Garlic Sauce


DIRECTIONS:

1.  Steam fresh washed collards ( you could also use spinach)

2. Once cooked, place in a colander to drain. Allow collards to cool and when cool enough to handle squeeze excess water from them.

3. Add cream cheese, tahini, chili garlic in food processor and blend until smooth.

4. Add collard green and pulse and few time until green are chopped and cream cheese mixture is incorporated into the greens.

5. To reheat green place in a microwave for 2-4 minutes,















1 comment:

  1. This was a perfect recipe to post on Super Bowl Sunday, since it is GREEN For My EAGLES!!! This looks so good. I will have to put on my to try list.

    ReplyDelete